- 1 What Is Blockada Ad Blocker
- 2 Benefits of Blockada
- 3 How To install Blockada Ad Blocker On Your Firestick
- 4 Search And Install Blockada Ad Blocker On Your Firestick
- 5 How To Use Blockada Ad Blocker On Your Firestick
- 6 Extra Ad Settings For Blockada
- 7 Conclusion
In this guide, we are going to show you how to install an ad blocker for your firestick called Blockada which is the best Ad blocker for Amazon devices such as firesticks and also for android tv boxes too.
This app works on all fire devices from firestick, fire tv, fire tv cube, and even Fire HD tablets and does a great job at blocking all those pesky intrusive ads from enjoying your entertainment when using some of your favorite apps.
Why not get the best out of your firestick with our IPTV service where you will get thousands of channels from all countries and more right on your
First, let us introduce Blockada to you if you have never heard of it before.
What Is Blockada Ad Blocker
Blockada is a great free open-source application that works on many android based devices and does a perfect job of blocking advertisements and also malware and trackers (protecting your privacy)
With it being free and open-source some of the world’s best developers have contributed to this application and its algorithm keeps getting better and better.
Blockada works for Windows PCs and iOS devices too and does a perfect job on both platforms blocking advertisements too.
You are most likely to see ads on third-party apps you have sideload onto your firestick such as Kodi (third party add-ons}, Cinema HD, or other apps and firestick games that may run advertising for ad revenue.
But with Blockada you can now get rid of these apps and enjoy interruption-free viewing and gaming without being annoyed every 2 seconds with pop-up ads and sidebar ads. Ahhhh! The freedom…
Benefits of Blockada
The main benefits which stick out to us when using Blockada are:
- It blocks ads, malware, and tracking spyware
- It’s free to download and use
- Its open-source so has full transparency and has the best devs in the world updating it
- Simple to operate and use
- Works great on all android boxes, firesticks, iOS, and Windows platforms
How To install Blockada Ad Blocker On Your Firestick
Ok, that’s enough tooting the Blockada horn to you lets see how we go about installing this ad blocker on your firestick.
First, make sure you have the app downloader installed on your firestick as we will be using this app to download Blockada so if you don’t simply follow the below if you have downloader then skip this next part.
Adding Downloader To Your Firestick
- From the firestick home page choose Find then Search
- Now type the word “Downloader” and click on the name downloader
- Now choose the orange icon called downloader
- Next click on install and once installed press the home button on the firestick
Now that you have downloader installed you will just need to make sure you have Install unknown apps turned to ON so follow the below.
Turn ON Allow Uknown Apps
- From the firestick home page choose Settings
- Now choose My Fire TV
- Then head into Developer options
- Click on Install unknown apps
- Now select the Downloader icon and turn it to ON
Now the firestick is all primed and ready for us to install Blockada ad blocker on it.
Search And Install Blockada Ad Blocker On Your Firestick
- Open the Downloader app you have just installed
- Where it says Enter a URL or Search Term click ok in the address bar below it
- Enter this URL blokada.org
- Now you will land on Blockada main website
- Scroll down to the orange Download button and click OK on it
- Now on the new web page choose the first tab labeled Android
- Then click the green button which says Blockada 4 .APK
- Now the app will start downloading
- Once the app has finished downloading choose Install when you see the Pop-up
- You will see a pop up say app installed once finished you can now click on Open
Ok, you have successfully installed Blockada ad blocker to your firestick but in the next part, we will tell you how to use Blockada to block all ads.
How To Use Blockada Ad Blocker On Your Firestick
Once you have the app open you will want to follow the below steps to make sure the ad blocker does its job at blocking all ads, malware, and tracking spyware.
- Click on the power button to enable the ad blocker
- You will see a pop up appear which says Connection Request just choose OK
- Now the adblocker will be running as you will see a green shield icon this means the ad blocker is active
Once you have started to use apps such as third-party Kodi add-ons or movie apps such as cinema HD, Tea TV, and others you will see you don’t have any ads anymore ruining your viewing experience.
Also, you can go into Blockada and you will see the number of ads it has caught and is blocking.
Extra Ad Settings For Blockada
Normally you will be fine with the default settings with Blockada but we will jump into more advanced settings or tell you how to unblock websites blockada may have blocked by accident.
- From the Blockada main screen choose the 3 line hamburger menu at the bottom of the screen
- Click on Ad blocking (you may get kicked to another screen here just press the back button once)
- To see the list of blocked and allowed requests click on Host Log
- Now you will see a list of requests which has been blocked and requests which has been allowed
Now after checking the list above and you notice any requests which have been blocked but you want to be allowed you must follow the below steps
- Scroll down under the Host Log to Allowed Hosts
- Now select any requests you want to allow
As we mentioned earlier the extra ad settings are more for advanced users as most people will be fine with just turning on the ad blocker and allowing its smart algorithm to block all ads by default.
Please note: Using an Adblocker on your firestick is great but this will not protect your IP address and online activities such as IPTV streaming and movies apps so you will need to use the best firestick VPN to properly secure against your ISP or Government using your online activities on the firestick against you.
We have provided you with the best ad blocker for your firestick to use which is the free and open-source Blockada. This will do a perfect job of blocking all ads in any apps you use and remember you can use this ad blocker on many other devices too.
If you enjoyed this article be sure to give it a share.