We have been sent a few questions on how to change firestick name so we have put this guide together to show you.
Get the best IPTV now by using the link below.
Why Change The Amazon Firestick Name
Before we dive in you may be wondering why on earth would I want to change the firesticks name anyway.
Well sometimes you may have an amazon firestick in each room of your house and you may want to connect Bluetooth devices to them or sync things from your smartphone to one of the firesticks.
If you have them all the same name this can be confusing when searching for them using external devices so it’s always best to rename each firestick to the room it serves so you can easily identify the correct firestick when you need to connect to it.
You can also change the name of just one firestick if you have just one and this will help you easily find it when it comes to connecting to it.
Changing the name of each firestick will make sure you push the correct content you need to each firestick without making mistakes.
How To Change The Name Of Your Firestick Using Your Amazon Account
There are only 2 ways to change your amazon firestick name, the first way is using your amazon account from a web browser and the second way is to you your smartphone.
We will cover both ways below:
Using Amazon Account On A Web Browser
What you will need to do is open up a web browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox on your PC/Laptop or you can use the web browser on your smartphone too.
See our latest article HERE on how to set up a firestick without an amazon account.
Check Your Current Firestick Name
You will find that amazon firestick normally have very generic names which makes it hard when searching for them but you will need to know which firestick is what before you change the name.
Let’s say you have a firestick in your bedroom and you want to change it to “Bedroom 1” firestick follow the below:
- From the firestick home page choose Settings
- Now click into My Fire TV (Or Devices)
- Click on “Fire TV Stick 4K” or whatever model of firestick you have
- You will now see the name of your firestick under the “Device Name” section
- Write the name down and what room it’s in
You can do these above steps for all the firesticks you may have in your household so you have the name of each firestick and the room it’s in.
Log In To Your Amazon Account
Now you will need to hop over to your laptop, PC, smartphone, or tablet and open up your web browser then follow the below steps.
- Type in Amazon.com to go to their main website
- Log into your Amazon Account
You will need to make sure you log in to the Amazon account where you have all your amazon devices registered too. (In case you have multiple Amazon accounts)
Changing Amazon Firestick Name
Now you have logged in to your Amazon account follow these steps below:
- Scroll to the bottom of the webpage and under “Let us help you” choose “Manage Your Content and Devices“
- Click on the Devices tab and you will now see a list of all your Amazon devices
- Look for the firestick you want to rename and click on it (you should already have the current names from the previous steps)
- Click the edit button next to the firestick name
- Put in a new name for the firestick or amazon device
- Choose Save
Now you have changed the name of all the firesticks so you won’t get confused when connecting to them.
This works on all amazon devices as well such as the Firestick, Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, and even the Fire HD’s and Amazon Kindles.
Change Firestick Name Using Android Or iPhone Smartphones
This is one of the easier and faster ways to change the firesticks name as it doesn’t involve you needing to use a laptop and Amazon’s website.
You just need to make sure you have the Amazon app (The one you use for buying) downloaded to your smartphone.
To change the name of your amazon device follow the below steps:
- Open the Amazon app on your iPhone or Android device
- Choose Menu then select “Your Account“
- Click Content and Devices
- Tap on Devices
- Choose the firestick you want to rename and click the Edit button next to it
- Pick a new name for the firestick
- Tap on save
This will of now renamed all the firesticks you needed to and is a little easier and faster than using Amazon’s official website.
What Name Should I Choose
Before we mentioned that it’s always best to choose a name that corresponds to the room your firestick is in so some examples would be:
- My master bedroom
- The Lounge
- Guest bedroom
You can also rename them to whoever is using the firestick in your household such as your kid’s names
- Mikes Bedroom
- Sarah Bedroom
The idea is just to rename the firestick in a way you can easily see which person or room that specific firestick is assigned to.
We hope this guide has helped you easily rename your firestick and other amazon devices so no more headaches trying to connect to the correct firestick.
If you enjoyed this guide then give it a share.