In this guide, we will be showing you how to install BBC iPlayer on a firestick or any other amazon device such as a Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, Fire HD Tablet, or any other Android-based device.
We recommend you team up BBC iPlayer with one of the best IPTV services so you can enjoy plenty more TV channels and shows with ease.
With BBC iPlayer you can catch all the best TV shows shown on the BBC network in the United Kingdom and some live sporting events which are also shown on the BBC broadcasting network.
If you are from the UK or have ever spent some time there you will see just how important the BBC channels can be and the BBC iPlayer app is a godsend when you have missed the latest episode of Eastenders and want to catch it up the next day.
Benefits Of BBC iPlayer
This may be one of the most downloaded firestick apps when it comes to people living within the UK but this also works if you live abroad you can use a VPN to watch BBC iPlayer.
Some features of BBC iPlayer are:
- It’s the best platform to watch TV series old and new
- You can use timeshift functions and pause, rewind, and forward the shows you are currently watching
- Can catch some live sports events such as England matches and Wimbolden and even catch them up if you missed the matches
- Build a playlist with your favorite TV shows and programs
- Save or Download TV shows and more for later viewing offline
How To Install BBC iPlayer On A Firestick
Normally if you are residing within the UK you will be able to very quickly install the BBC iPlayer app as it will be on your UK Amazon app store right on your firestick.
But if you are living outside the UK or just on vacation outside the UK you may not see the BBC iPlayer app even when searching for it so if this is the case move on to the next section.
Installing BBC iPlayer For UK Residents
This is very easy to do just follow the below quick steps
- Go to the main amazon home screen and choose “Find”
- Now select Search
- Type in the name “BBC iPlayer”
- Once you see the BBC iPlayer icon select it
- Now choose “Get” or “Download” and the app will start downloading
- Once finished click on the Open button
That’s it simples! you will now have access to the hundreds of TV shows and live TV that the BBC iPlayer application has to offer.
Installing BBC iPlayer For Non-UK Residents Or If Abroad
Ok with this method you will need to sideload the BBC iPlayer app onto the firestick to be able to access the app due to BBC iPlayer only being available in the Amazon UK app store.
The first thing you will need to do is make sure you have enabled the “Allow apps from unknown sources” inside the developer options.
- From the firestick home screen choose settings (little settings cog)
- Select My Fire TV or Device
- Click Developer Options
- Select Apps From Unknown Sources
- Make sure to choose ON
- Click Turn On on the confirmation notification box
With the above complete you will now need to use an application called “Downloader” which is going to help you download and install BBC iPlayer onto your firestick.
- From the firestick home screen choose Find
- Now type in the word Downloader and click the orange icon
- Choose Download to start downloading the app
Now we are close to finishing the next steps will be downloading the BBC iPlayer APK.
- Open the Downloader app
- Type in this URL address https://bit.ly/2Mf7Eag then click on Go (type the address in carefully so it’s correct)
- The app will start to download
- Now click on Install when you see the install pop-up appear
- After the installation has finished click Done
- Now delete the APK to save space on your firestick
- Click Delete again
Now you will have the BBC iPlayer app installed and can find the app within the Apps section of the firesticks home screen.
If you are not based in the UK you must follow the below about using a VPN so you can choose a VPN server location in the UK and then BBC iPlayer will work without issues.
Use A VPN For BBC iPlayer Firestick To Stream Anywhere In The World
If you are abroad such as on holiday or living anywhere else but within the UK you will need to use a VPN for BBC iPlayer to work.
We recommend this VPN below as it is the best VPN for firesticks and has its own firestick application. It is the best speed VPN and has many different VPN locations.
GET THE BEST VPN
Save Up To 82% OFF Today
You can click the image above and get the best discounts on this VPN that any providers are currently offering even saving up to 82% OFF.
How To Use BBC iPlayer
- Press the Home button on the firestick remote
- Select Apps from the home screen
- Choose the BBC iPlayer app icon (you can press the 3 horizontal lines on the remote and choose move to front to stick the app to the home screen)
- Once inside BBC iPlayer sign in using your BBC account (if you do not have an account yet you can sign up here)
- Once logged in choose “I have a TV license”
- Now simply pick your favorite TV show or sporting event.
That’s it you now know how to install BBC iPlayer on your firestick and use it even if you are located in another country without getting any issues with BBC iPlayer.