Emby is a fantastic media server that has been designed to play and stream both video/audio to numerous devices.
When it comes to Emby you must make sure you have the best IPTV from the best IPTV provider to pair up with Emby.
We cover how to install Emby on a firestick so you can enjoy everything Emby has to offer.
What Is Emby
Emby is a great media server that is very similar to Plex in that it is an open-source program (went back to closed source in 2017) that allows you to install it on any device you may own such as PC, Laptop, firesticks, and more.
Emby offers both a server edition and a client edition like Plex and the server edition normally works on PC, macOS, Linux, and FreeBSD.
Once you have an Emby server up and running you would install Emby client to a host of different devices so you can watch the content stored on your Emby server in any room, house, or worldwide.
See How To Install IPTV On Plex the easy way
Devices That Emby Client App Works On
- Amazon Firesticks
- Fire TV
- Smart TV
- Apple TV
- Playstation 3
- Playstation 4
- Playstation 5
- Xbox 360
- Xbox One
- Xbox Series X/S
As you can see Emby works on a ton of devices that you probably already use or have laying around the house.
Install Emby On Amazon Firestick
Ok, now you know the power of Emby let’s look at how you can install Emby on your firestick or FireTV.
- Go to the firestick home screen
- Click on Find
- Now type in “Emby“
- Click on the Emby Icon
- Choose Get
- Once Emby has installed select Open
- Now Emby will load up
That’s it, a very simple and easy way to download and install Emby on your firestick but if you don’t happen to see Emby from the Amazon app store on the firestick we will cover an alternative way below.
Find out The Most Useful Hacks For Firesticks
Alternative Way To Install Emby On Your Firestick
In this method you will need to use a laptop, Smartphone, PC, Tablet as you will need to use the web browser version of Amazon.com (Or whichever Amazon domain for your country)
- Open your web browser and go to Amazon.com
- Log into Amazon using the same account as the firestick is assigned too
- In the Amazon search box type Emby
- Now select the Emby For Fire TV icon
- You will see a column on the right-hand side choose your firestick from a dropdown menu
- Then click on the yellow button which says “Deliver“
- Once you turn on your firestick the app will be automatically installed
- Go in the apps section on your firestick and open Emby
That’s it you now have installed Emby through the Amazon website as an alternative method.
Features Of Emby
- Allows you to stream personal media on any device
- Emby connect allows you to watch media even if you away from home
- Allows you to stream Live TV and has DVR functionality
- Mobile Sync allows you to sync your media to your Smartphone
- Can use parental control to stop your children from watching certain media
- Has Chromecast built into the Emby server program
- Has cloud sync so you can upload your media to the cloud
- Has metadata and images
- Allows you to search for Subtitles
- Automatic DLNA so devices can see Emby Server and send content to it
That is just a handful of features that come with using both Emby Server and the Emby client on your firestick.
How Much Does Emby Cost?
Emby is a free application to use whether that is the Emby Server or the Emby client app. But it does have a premium service similar to plex.
Emby has a service called Emby Premiere with the below pricing structure:
- $4.99 For a 1-month subscription
- $54 For a year subscription
- $119 for a Lifetime subscription
Many people choose to use the free version of Emby as it is jam-packed with features but if you wanted to know what makes the premium paid for subscription service of Emby better here are some premium features below.
Emby Premium Subscription Features
Can download your media on your device for offline playback
DVR capabilities to record, series record, and more
Allows you to use the cover art plugin by Emby
Cinema mode gives you trailers and custom intros on your movies
Can convert media into more easily streaming formats
Backup and restore your settings
Control your Emby with your Google Home or Amazon Echo device
Again this is just a handful of the features you get with a premium subscription to Emby.
Click here to get more Strong IPTV Tutorials
We have to admit apart from Plex that Emby is another one of our most-used apps when we decided to share and stream content in our homes and to friends.
With us being Amazon firestick junkies here at the office we prefer all client devices to be firesticks which we link up to the Emby server and we couldn’t go without both Emby and Plex.