If you have a Google Chromecast or want to use one on a spare TV you have then out how to install IPTV on a Chromecast will show you how to put your Chromecast to good use once and for all.
The good news is with Google TV and Chromecast you can install many of the leading IPTV apps such as Tivimate, XCIPTV, and IPTV Smarters right from the Google Play store as well as sideload apps to your device.
Can IPTV Work On A Chromecast?
Yes IPTV works great on a Chromecast and its very easy to install IPTV apps on Google TV Chromecast and also to screen cast from a smartphone or PC to your Chromecast.
How To Install IPTV Apps Using ChromeCast With Google TV
To install a decent IPTV player to enjoy with your Google TV Chromecast you will need to follow the below steps.
- Make sure the Chromecast with Google TV is connected to your TV and turned on
- Go to the Apps section at the top of your TV screen
- Now search for an IPTV app such as TiviMate or IPTV Smarters
- Once you have found an IPTV app download and install it
- Now simply open the IPTV app and use your IPTV details to log in to your IPTV service through the app.
Now we will cover how you can sideload Android apps and APKs on a Chromecast With Google TV.
How To Sideload IPTV Apps And APKs On A ChromeCast With Google TV
If you have ever sideloaded an app or apk before you will know exactly what this is for.
What Is Sideloading Apps?
For anyone unsure what sideloading is, it’s a process that allows you to install third-party Android apps to an Android-based device such as Google TV, Nvidia Sheild, and Amazon devices such as Firesticks and FireTV devices.
The benefit of sideloading is having the ability to add any app you want to your device so that you can’t download it from your device’s app store.
Sideloading is especially good on Amazon devices as they don’t have a Google Play Store and tie you down to their own apps and games so adding some of the latest Android games from an APK is worth it and can help you turn your firestick into a mini console.
Ok, let’s get back to sideloading apps on a Chromecast With Google.
- Make sure you have developer mode turned on to be able to sideload Android apps and apks on the Chromecast
- To turn on developer mode go to Profile icon → Settings → System → About → Tap Android TV OS Build until you see the pop-up “You are now a developer.”
- Now go back to the Chromecast home screen and choose the search
- Search for an app called Downloader (orange icon) and install it
- Now go to Settings → Apps → Security and Restrictions → Unknown Sources. Now, tap the toggle button near the Downloader app to enable it
- Go back and launch the Downloader app on your Chromecast
- enter any code or URL for any IPTV app or app/game of your choice you want to sideload onto your device
- Now once you have an IPTV app on your device open it and continue to set up the app to your IPTV provider institutions
How To Cast IPTV From Your Smartphone To Your Chromecast With Google TV
Sometimes faffing around with your Chromecast can take time when all you want to do is quickly get to watching IPTV, so in these times we recommend casting from your smartphone or PC to your Chromecast as this is fast and effortless as well as you can use this method when you are at a friends or family house.
If you looking to cast then we recommend using an app called GSE Smart IPTV which is an easy IPTV app to cast from your Chromecast.
- Make sure both your Smartphone and Google TV are on the same Wi-Fi network
- With GSE IPTV open when you select a channel press the cast icon at the top of the smartphone screen
- You will see your Google TV where you can click on it to cast the IPTV channel you watching to your Google TV device
If you are following the above 3 steps but do not see the cast icon you can also just pull down the screen from the top of your smartphone to enter the notification center then click on the screen mirroring icon to mirror your smartphone screen to your Chromecast.
Is A VPN Needed To Watch IPTV On A Chromecast?
In 2023 as we are entering 2024 it is very important to use a VPN nowadays when streaming anything from IPTV to watching movies due to the lesser privacy we get.
To get the best VPN for IPTV then click the button below and save up to 82% OFF NOW!
Your IPTV will most likely work without a VPN depending on who your ISP is but even if your IPTV is working even when sports are on and your internet provider is not blocking your IPTV provider’s server when sports is on, we still recommend using a VPN for 2 reasons.
- To avoid getting any bandwidth throttling and traffic shaping by your internet provider in peak times which can cause freezes and buffering to your IPTV
- Ro keep your IP address safe and avoid getting blocked by your internet provider and them seeing your IP address
So we highly recommend using a VPN as things will only get worse as more of your online privacy is taken away.
we have supplied you with how to install IPTv on your Google TV Chromecast so make sure to follow the above steps and keep your IPTV safe by using a VPN and enjoy a freeze free no no-barred IPTV experience.