We have had a few emails regarding if the IPTV app smart IPTV can be installed on Sony TV so we decided to write a guide on just how to do this.
We recommend using our IPTV service to get the best IPTV and more while using Smart IPTV. Our IPTV works great on this app and will fully unlock your Sony TV to get the best from it.
What Is Smart IPTV?
Smart IPTV is an android app that is focused as an IPTV player built for IPTV to give you the best experience.
Smart IPTV can be put on many different devices from firesticks, Android, Smartphones, IOS, Smart TVs, and more.
Features Of Smart IPTV For Sony TV
- Add channels to favorite groups
- Fully supported EPG
- Slick looking user interface
- Single Channel EPG
- Built-in Xtream Codes API support
- Record live IPTV streams
- Catch up TV built-in
- Set timers for your favorite TV shows
Installing Smart IPTV On A Sony Smart TV
To install the Smart IPTV app on your Sony TV you will need to follow the below:
- Open the Google Play Store on your Sony TV
- Now type in Smart IPTV in the search bar.
- Choose Install
- After Smart IPTV has been installed choose Open
That’s it you have installed the IPTV app to your Sony TV but there is a very important step you must do next and this is to stop your Sony TV from using a randomized MAC address which will stop Smart IPTV from working.
How To Set Up Smart IPTV Player For Sony TV
1. To set the MAC address to be fixed you will need to head over to the Settings icon from your main Sony TV home screen.
2. Now choose Network & Internet from the list. Select the network you have connected to your home network so Wifi or Ethernet depending on how you have your Sony TV connected.
3. Now choose Privacy and change the setting from “Use randomized MAC” to “Use device MAC“
4. Once this has been done you can now open the Smart IPTV app.
You will see your MAC code now in the app so you simply write this down then head over to https://siptv.app/mylist/ and enter your MAC code on the left-hand side.
You will want to enter the M3U Playlist URL your IPTV provider sent you where it says URL.
If you have an EPG URL from your IPTV supplier be sure to enter this where it says EPG.
Once this has been done click the Save Online tick box and also the Detect EPG.
Click the tick box I’m not a robot (Unless you are a robot then avoid ticking!)
Finally, click the button which says Send and this will set up your IPTV provider’s system on your Sony TV.
The final thing you will need to do is just restart your Sony TV so the app smart IPTV can see the IPTV channels you just loaded in.
How To Activate Smart IPTV
Once you have Smart IPTV it will only give you a free 7-day trial then you will need to activate the app with your MAC address.
We have written a guide on how to activate smart IPTV so you can follow along.
It is recommended to do this before the 7-day trial runs on so on the fifth day so you do not have to load in your channels again.
Smart IPTV is one of the best IPTV apps and the easiest to use while maintaining a great user interface and functions within the app to keep it up there with some of the best IPTV apps.
If this guide has helped you be sure to give it a share.