Whether you own an Amazon Firestick, Android Box, or Mag Box it can be frustrating when the remote control you use for IPTV breaks or un-syncs, so we aim to answer some of the common problems and fixes for IPTV remotes not working.
Why Is My IPTV Remote Not Working?
There can be many reasons why your IPTV remote has stopped working with your IPTV device we will list a few below
- Batteries need replacing
- IPTV remote needs syncing
- The remote is damaged
We will briefly cover each problem above and then also give you some solid alternatives to using a smartphone etc to control your IPTV box whether that is an Amazon Firestick, Mag box, or Android box.
Check Your IPTV Remote Control’s Batteries
Not all IPTV boxes tell you when your remote control batteries are running such as a Firestick, fire TV cube, etc so the number one troubleshooting step to take is checking the batteries still have some juice left in them.
The best method for this is to simply take your batteries out and put them in another remote control such as your Smart TV remote control and see if that works.
If not then you know you need to put a new set of batteries in your remote but if the other remote works it’s time to do some further troubleshooting.
Re-Sync Your IPTV Remote Control
Sometimes your IPTV remote can un-sync with your device. We would be lying if we told you we know why but it happens from time to time.
Here are some of the popular IPTV devices below and how to resync the remote back to your device.
Resync Remote Controller For Amazon Firestick, Fire TV Cube, Amazon Fire TV
Resyncing Firestick remotes is quite easy what you need to do is follow the steps below.
- Unplug the power from your Firestick and plug it back into the stick which will power cycle the Firestick or Fire TV device.
- Press and hold all these buttons together Left Button + Menu Button + Back Button for 10 seconds and release.
- Now wait around 60 seconds and unplug the power from your firestick again.
- Remove the Firestick remote’s batteries and wait 60 seconds.
- Turn the firestick back on and wait for the main home screen to appear
- Now put the batteries back into your remote control and press and hold the home button until your firestick resyncs back to its remote control.
For more information see our article on How To Reset An Amazon Firestick Remote Control.
How To Fix A Non-Working Mag Box Remote Control
Sometimes the Mag Box remote can become fully unresponsive even after you have turned the Mag box off and on and even changed its batteries so unfortunately you will need to factory reset your Mag device using the BIOS system before the Mag Box main software loads to get the mag box remote fully synced up again.
To do this follow the below steps:
- Unplug the power cord from your mag box.
- Now hold the menu button on your mag box remote and don’t let go.
- Plug the power cord back in while keeping hold of the menu button until your Mag box boots into the BIOS system.
- Choose Def Settings inside the BIOS.
- Click right and then Confirm by pressing OK.
- Select Exit and Save which will save the settings and exit for you.
Now unplug the power cable and plug it back into your mag box. If your mag box still boots into the BIOS system then follow the below to boot the mag box into normal mode.
- Inside the BIOS system choose “Boot Mode” by clicking right on it.
- Change the Boot Mode to Nand or Nand2.
- Now scroll down to the exit and save and click ok which will save the settings and reboot your mag box back to its normal default factory settings.
Once your mag box restarts be sure to set up the network settings again and link it up to your IPTV provider’s services.
Now we will be covering other alternatives to using your IPTV boxes remote control.
Alternatives To IPTV Remote Controls
We will start with the Amazon Firestick as it’s the most popular device used for IPTV nowadays in 2024.
Amazon Firestick IPTV Remote Control App
If you have an Amazon device or Amazon Fire TV you can use an app on your Android smartphone, android tablet, Apple iPhone, iPad, or iMac to control your Firestick or Fire TV device.
It’s very simple to set up simply download the free Amazon Fire TV mobile app from the links below.
Apple iPhone, iMac, Ipad, Macbook IPTV Remote Control App
Once you have the app installed on your smartphone simply follow the directions given inside the app to successfully sync your smartphone to your Firestick/Amazon device and use your phone as a remote control.
There you have it!! a comprehensive article walking you through all the steps on what to do if your IPTV remote is not working and why it’s not working.
If you enjoyed this guide be sure to give it a share.