We have made a guide teaching you how to sync and activate trakt tv on your firestick to your trakt account.
To get the best out of your firestick be sure to get our IPTV by clicking here to get the best in IPTV experience and thousands of live channels and movies at your fingertips.
What Is Trakt?
Trakt is a very good platform that does many things but the main usage is to keep track of all the TV shows and movies you have watched across many different devices and platforms such as Kodi, home theater PC, Laptop and more.
It works like Netflix where it keeps a log of all the movies and tv shows you have watched and provides you with the most liked movies and tv shows while also presenting you with recommendations to watch based on your movie or TV show history.
With Trakt it can also connect you with other people with the same interests of genre as you watch and does a great job at recommending new movies you will like and also allows you to create an easy watchlist filled with movies and TV shows that match your interests.
Trakt also has its own website where you can log in and take care of your watchlist and watched items and they also have their own application to you can download right to your smartphone.
To use Trakt on your firestick you will need to download and install the latest Kodi to the firestick then use a Kodi build you like to make sure Kodi is all set up and ready to use.
Follow our latest guide on the popular question Why Is My IPTV Out Of Sync?
What Makes Trakt So Good
The ability to sync this free platform across many different devices and apps to keep everything scrobbled on one device synced to the next device so you can watch where you have paused from one device or access your watchlist and previously watched movies and tv shows with ease.
You will need to make sure every device you use is signed into the same Trakt account.
See our latest guide on how to install the awesome Ares Wizard addon on Kodi
How To Sign Up For Trakt TV
Before you begin if you have not got an account with trakt then you must make a free account by following the below steps:
- Head over to Trakt main website which is https://www.trakt.tv on any web browser or smartphone device
- Click the “Join Trakt For Free” button
- Put in your email address and choose your username and password
- Finally, click on the button Join Trakt
- Enter Your Date Of Birth, Location, Gender, and Display Name.
- Click next
- Now choose all your favorite TV show and Movie Genres
- Choose next
- Now you must choose the TV shows and movies you have watched or are currently watching to help the trakt algorithm better serve your needs
- You can now connect your social accounts to trakt to let others know what you are watching or to share your watching activities or watchlists.
- Choose next and you can now choose to allow Trakt to send push notifications to send you push notifications
- Click on continue to dashboard
That’s it, you have now signed up and signed into Trakt so it’s already to use and sync across your many different devices and apps.
Please note: You can also use your social accounts to sign up and sign in such as Twitter, Facebook, or Google account.
How To Install And Activate Trakt On Your Firestick
First, make sure you have Kodi installed on your firestick as you will be using a third-party add-on which will be the Trakt add-on within your Kodi.
Before you start be aware Trakt is a free service but it is ad-supported so you will see an advert or 2 when using the platform.
If you want to remove the ads you will need to take up their premium service which costs $2.50 a month and this will give you a fully ad-free experience.
You will find Trakt comes preinstalled in the Kodi repository so there is no need to turn on the setting “enable apps from unknown sources” or anything of that nature.
To install trakt in Kodi follow the steps below:
- From the Kodi home screen scroll down to Add-ons and select it
- Now click on the box icon (package installer) which is in the top left-hand corner of your screen
- Choose “Install from repository”
- Now go down and select “Kodi Add-on repository”
- Now choose Program Add-ons
- Search for Trakt and click on it (There is no need to install the one called Trakt.tv list manager)
- Choose the icon called install
- Now wait for Trakt to install it will show you a notification box once installed
- Now that Trakt is installed on Kodi you need to go back to the Kodi home screen
- Now navigate to Add-ons –> Program Addons
Now you have successfully installed Trakt on Kodi it’s time to set up and activate the trakt plugin.
How To Activate And Set Up Trakt On Your Firestick
What you will need to do first is activate Trakt twice and then configure trakt on Kodi.
Activating Trakt On Kodi
- From Kodi home screen choose Add-ons and then My Add-ons
- Select Program Add-ons
- Click on Trakt
- Choose the configure icon
- Now head into Settings
- Inside settings make sure to choose General
- Click the option that says “How do I authorize the trakt addon to access my trakt account?”
- Now it will show a box called Trakt Account Authorization and have a QR code and also a code.
- You can head over to https://www.trakt.tv/activate and sign in then enter the code in the popup box.
- Now you will be asked are you sure you want Kodi to access your Trakt account just choose yes
- Once it connects you will see a notice saying Woohoo!
- Now head back to your Kodi device and into Trakt settings again
- You will see at the top of the settings box to the right of the word user your Trakt account username will be showing
Now you have activated Trakt and authorized it with your Kodi it’s time to activate Trakt for each Kodi addon you have so Trakt works with that specific Add-on.
How To Activate Trakt On Kodi Addons
You will find not every Kodi addon works with Trakt but all the big and most popular addons such as Yoda, Exodus, Exodus Redux, etc will work with Trakt perfectly fine.
So to activate trakt for these popular Kodi plugins you will need to follow the below:
- From the Kodi home screen choose Add-ons
- Then choose My Add-ons
- Click Video Add-ons
- Now choose the addon you want to activate with Trakt
- Then click on configure on that Kodi addon
- Scroll down the left-hand panel to Accounts
- Go down to Authorization
- Another pop up will appear asking you to authorize the plugin with your Kodi addon
- So visit https://trakt.tv/activate the same as before and enter the code displayed
- Just say yes to any pop-ups as before on your web browser Trakt account
- Once the authorization has been completed your username will appear next to the word Authorization back on your Kodi device
That’s it you have now set up and installed Trakt on your firestick and activated it to work with all your Kodi plugins.
How To Purchase A Premium Trakt Account
This is not needed really unless you want to have zero adverts while using Trakt TV across your devices and firestick.
There are now 2 plans you can purchase from Trakt which will give you an ad-free experience.
- The $2.50 a month plan gives you an ad-free experience and gives you VIP benefits
- The $5 a month plan includes all the VIP benefits, No ads, and also executive producer credits
To subscribe to any of the plans above just head over to your Trakt account using a web browser on either your laptop, mobile, or tablet and click the VIP link towards the top of the screen.
Now simply make payment using either your credit/debit card or PayPal account.
Now you have followed our guide and have Trakt synced up to your firestick inside Kodi you can now enjoy all the great benefits Trakt gives you for free.
Trakt will also run as a background process keeping everything synced across all devices and giving you the best in movie and tv show recommendations and its smart algorithm will get smarter over time once it learns your watching habits.
If you enjoyed this guide be sure to give it a share.