In this article, we will teach you how to airplay to firestick so you can easily send content such as video or screen share from your handheld devices such as Android smartphone, Apple iPhone, iPad, or tablet right onto your main TV screen.
If you are looking for the best IPTV provider for your firestick be sure to get a subscription from us now.
This will also work for any generation firestick from the first generation right to the newer 4th generation firestick, firestick 4K, Firestick 4K Max, and all the other Amazon devices such as the Fire TV Cube, Fire TV, and Amazon Fire smart TVs.
Can You Airplay To A Firestick
Yes, you can airplay to a firestick using a third-party application that will allow you to share content to your TV screen like the Airplay app.
For those of you who own an apple device such as an iPhone you will be used to easily share your photos and videos using your Airplay but with an Amazon firestick not being an apple device you will be using a third-party app to achieve this which will we explain how to do so below.
Screen Mirror To A Firestick
Using your iPhone again you won’t be able to directly screen mirror to your firestick but if you own an android based device you can easily screen mirror to your firestick.
So those of you wanting to screen mirror check the above guide and for those iPhone, iPad, and MacBook users carry on with this article.
How To Airplay On A Firestick
With your firestick not supporting apple airplay technology, you will want to head into your iOS app store and download an app called AirScreen.
The app Airscreen not only works with the Airplay technology but also you can stream your content to the firestick using cast, miracast, and also DNLA.
You will need to install the Airscreen app on your firestick for your airplay on your apple device or chrome web browser to be able to pick up the firestick on your chosen device.
First, you will need to change a setting in your firesticks options which will allow you to install any third-party app to the firestick.
Then you will be using an application called Downloader which will allow you to sideload the third-party Airscreen apk on your firestick.
- From the firestick home screen choose settings (little settings cog)
- Select My Fire TV or Device
- Click Developer Options
- Select Apps From Unknown Sources
- Make sure to choose ON
- Click Turn On on the confirmation notification box
After you have done this you will be using an app called Downloader so if you do not have this app already installed on your firestick then follow the below steps.
- From the firestick home screen choose Find
- Now type in the word Downloader and click the orange icon
- Choose Download to start downloading the app
With the above steps complete it’s now time to easily install the Airscreen apk on your firestick so you can run airplay on your fire stick.
- Open the Downloader app
- Type in this URL address https://iwsssgyepq.onrocket.site/airscreen.apk then click on Go (Make sure to carefully type the address in the URL field)
- The app will start downloading on your firestick so wait until it has downloaded
- Now click on Install
- After the installation has finished click Done
- Now delete the APK to save space on your firestick
- Click Delete again
This will of now installed the app you need on your firestick and now you must make sure your firestick or other amazon device is connected to the same Wifi network as your iPhone or iOS device.
- Make sure your iOS device is connected to the same wireless network as your Amazon Firestick
- Now open the AirScreen app you just installed on your firestick
- You will be met with a QR code to scan using your iPhone or iOS device
- Now choose “Open in chrome” on your apple device
- Your iOS device will be ready to airplay and screen share to the firestick
- Pull the screen down at the top of your iPhone to reach the Control Center and tap on the Screen Mirroring icon
- Now you will see a list of devices that you can screen mirror to, so make sure to choose your firestick from this list
- That’s it! Your iOS device will be air-played to your main TV screen
STRONG IPTV TIP: Prior to venturing down this path, it’s important to understand that these third-party applications haven’t been vetted by a trusted source.
This is why we suggest always using a VPN which will encrypt your connection to the Internet when using these various streaming APKs and add-ons.
How To Airplay From A Macbook?
Make sure you have the Airscreen app installed on your firestick the select Help –> macOS –> Airplay on your MacBook. Then click the Airplay icon to start casting to the firestick.
Is Screen Mirroring The Same As Airplay?
No, as they are 2 different technologies but they work the same, so the result is whatever is on the screen of your device will be sent to your main TV screen.
Is It Free To Airplay Using The AirScreen Application
Yes, the app Airsceen is a free airplay firestick app you can use and contains no adverts.
We hope we have cleared up any trouble you have had with screen casting or screen mirroring with our how to airplay to firestick article.
Be sure to give this guide a share if it has been of any help to you.